It may have been that during the playground wars at school, sports stars and their entourage were hot favourites for those popularity prizes. And that would certainly seem the theme, what with the Olympic Games in full swing. But, an ever-increasing focus has been placed on nerds, and it seems society has finally started to accept a shift in what’s called “sexy”. Mark Zuckerberg... Larry Paige, nerds around the world thank you both.
This week, we feature Michael Zuma (pictured) - Audio Imager (he shapes the sound of what you hear) at East Coast Radio, DJ (official party starter) and professional nerd (eats, breathes, sleeps Apple).
1. What’s the most random Tweet (or FB status) you’ve ever read or sent?
Really? <== That was the tweet I sent.
2. The most useless thing you learnt from the internet?
Snoop Dogg’s (I mean Snoop Lion’s) real name: Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. Why? He’s probably never going to use it.
3. The last app you installed, and was it worth it?
PocketWhip for iPhone (saw it on The Big Bang Theory). Totally worth it! My sisters savoured having a crack at The Whip over my embarassing and questionable relationships and decisions; Left smiles on our faces and scars on my ego. Good times :)
4. The strangest request you’ve had on Facebook?
One of many; this one guy, submitted a request for Facebook friendship because he likes my name. His name? Mike Zuma.
5. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve been tagged doing?
Attending a year-end party dressed as a French mime. In true character I never said a word to ANYONE … the WHOLE night!
6. The last thing you Googled, and what won’t you ever search for again?
My last Google search was for images of toilets to send to a friend who desperately needed to pee while stuck in afternoon traffic. I’m pretty sure it’s also something I won’t be searching for again; no promises though.
7. The last video you watched online, and the last (legal) thing you downloaded?
The vid I watched is a clip of Graham Norton interviewing Will.I.Am’s first ever horseback experience with Michael Jackson. My last legal download was a Bob The Builder App on the iTunes App Store.
8. The last online fight/argument you had, and what was it about?
My last online altercation involved a stand-up comedian who was having a bad day and thereby delivering a poor set to me, the guy who paid to watch him. It was on like Cheech and Chong! But we high-5’d later the next day. Because we are men.
9. What won’t you ever do on the internet again, based on first hand experience?
Try to attend a Skype conference from Ponta Do Ouro, Mozambique. Waste of money on data charges, waste of time away from the beach.
10. You know you’re a nerd because….
… every morning you wake up wondering about the hardware/software integration triumphs in the next iPhone release. - IOL
*Find Michael on Twitter: *MichaelZuma or Facebook or at an iStore near you...